Dapur Komuniti (training kitchen)
Urban poor (B40) family have very limited choice or opportunity for job and employment, and most of the time due to limited education and skill level, housewives have to stay home to take care children and leave the workplace.
Dapur komuniti will be serving as a training ground and facility to the Urban poor housewives to attend proper food handling training and enhance their cooking skills. This project allow us to give recognition their talent of cooking and allow us to bridge the gap for them to sell their home cook food to the public and corporate client.
Tell us how can we improve this post?
Voting end : 30.06.2018
LEE SUE YEE
Low income families who stay in the city and rely on the single source of income are exposed to greater risk toward inflation and economic downturn. Especially housewives do not have any avenue to realize their full potential or improve their household financial condition.
This dapur komuniti will serve as:
1-when needy housewife apply or joining the program, it allow us to identify and evaluate needy housewives in the community.
2-provide training and guidance on the guidelines and knowledge for food handling practices and also training in the principles of food hygiene and safety.
3-they will be enable to sell/provide F&B to customer and public with our assistance.
Low income families who stay in Pangsapuri Bistari Damansara. This particular community area have 4 blocks low cost flat, most of the resident in this area are Malaysian and currently there are a few other project/program (Tuition class, Zumba class, and etc) on going and serving the needs of the community. This location also accessible to the nearby needy community.
1. Number of participant who join the training program
2. Number of participant who complete food handling course
3. Number of housewives who begin to sell/provide F&B product and service to customer and Public.
4. The impact also can be measured by the amount of income, or time and effort involvement from their F&B business.
1. Make It Right Movement (MIRM)-CSR initiative by Brickfields Asia College (BAC) that aims to create a sustained positive impact on society by championing community causes both locally and globally, leveraging all resources of the BAC Education Group. MIRM provides a platform for businesses and organisations to meet their social objectives through active partnerships and strong affiliations, built around efficiently managed community engagement. MIRM collaborates with over 80 social good entities, and is involved in more than 200 charity programmes and CSR-related projects and events annually.
2. DeliCCia is a social enterprise who empower underprivileged community to cook and bake through providing catering service to public and corporate.
Type of help needed
Cost for project as below:
|Description||Price/Unit (RM)||Quantity||Amount (RM)|
|Training and Workshop||20000||1||20000|
Phase 1: Consultation and discussion on design of kitchen
Phase 2: Renovation of the space into training-able kitchen and set up training syllabus.
Phase 3: Begin training, evaluate beneficiary progress, assist them market their F&B Products/Service
This project will be begin by September 2018 and this project will commence from that date and will becarry on for 18 months.