WHAT IS ACTYVATE?
ACTYVATE is a nationwide youth movement to engage, inspire and motivate youth to create Blue Oceans in national transformation, through creativity and innovation. This is achieved through this online crowd pledging platform supported by the government for the public to propose creative projects, garner support and raise resources.
Projects with potential high impact and have successfully raise their target funding may receive match funds – ensuring that the voice of the youth will be heard through the projects to be implemented with the aim to mobilise grassroots youth participation in nation building activities and transform the nation into an inclusive society.
WHO ARE THE KEY DRIVERS OF ACTYVATE?
ACTYVATE is a collaborative partnership championed by 1Malaysia For Youth (iM4U) and the Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (MaGIC). It is also supported by the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Youth and Sports; and the Ministry of Higher Education as well as the National Service Training Department and the Malaysian Youth Council.
WHO CAN BE PART OF THE ACTYVATE MOVEMENT?
Any Malaysian above 18 years of age can be part of ACTYVATE by submitting a project idea that will be implemented within Malaysia, benefitting Malaysians.
Whether you’re an individual, community group, school, or company, you can post your project on ACTYVATE as long as the appointed Project Owner meets the requirement.
WHAT PROJECTS ARE ELIGIBLE?
All projects on ACTYVATE must clearly show how they could positively impact the community and they have to fall within specific project areas under the following categories:
- Community Development
- Environment, Sustainability & Green Energy
- Economic Access & Poverty Alleviation
- Youth Development
- Arts, Media & Culture
- Healthcare & Nutrition
- Water & Sanitation
- Animal Welfare
- Rural Development
- Women Empowerment
HOW DOES THE MATCH FUND CONCEPT WORK AND HOW CAN I RECEIVE THE FUNDS?
ACTYVATE Match Fund are funds which are provided from the Government to match the overall funds for a project. It is available for up to a maximum of RM 50,000 for projects which are deliberated by ACTYVATE with potential high impact.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF JOINING THE ACTYVATOR NETWORK?
- Simply signup to become an ACTYVATE user. You can register with your email address or signing up with your facebook account. Or, if you already registered, login in directly to your account.
- Ready to pitch your idea to get it validated and funded ? Before you proceed to the application, please make sure you read the Actyvate’s Policy on the guidelines and eligibility.
- Once your Profile Details are completed, you can begin the Application process* by selecting “Start A Project” tab on your Dashboard Menu.
- Complete the Ideation Application form fields and click submit.
- Once the application is approved, you will receive an email notification and your idea is immediately published as a Project page.
- You now need to get at least 50 votes to consider your project as ‘validated’. Once validated, you will receive a notification email and you can continue to complete your Fundraising Application. (note: Projects that do not get sufficient votes will be archived)
- Complete the Fundraising Application form fields and click submit.
- Once the application is approved, you will receive an email notification on WHEN your fundraising Project page will be published. (This may be subjected to rolling fundraising round cycles and/or as per the date proposed by you)
- You now need to reach your funding target. Once the funding target is met, your project is considered validated and funded ! (note: Projects that do not reach their funding target will be archived)
- You will receive an email confirmation on the success of your fundraising exercise. You will be informed of the funds disbursement(s) which may be subjected to multiple tranches (depending on your funding requirements). Funds will be disbursed and you will be informed accordingly.
- Now that the funds are in, you can start realising your project based on the plans and strategies proposed in your Project Page.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT that all supporters are being informed of the project’s progress, tied particularly to the milestones listed in the project page. You can login in and update your supporters by selecting the “Projects” tab on your dashboard. You will then be redirected to your project page where you will be able to write on your milestone achievements.
- Upon completing your defined milestones and having them reported on the report tab of your project page (see 12), you are then eligible for the remaining funds disbursement(s) (depending on your funding requirements).
Completing this entire process means you are eligible to be recognised as part of the Actyvator Network!
*Note that all projects will go through the TWO stages of crowdpledging; Ideation first, then fundraising.
WHAT ARE THE FEES INVOLVED IN CREATING A PROJECT?
We do not charge Project Owners for creating a project.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET MY PROJECT APPLICATION APPROVED?
After submission, you will receive an email that will state a period of three days for the project to be approved.
HOW MUCH CAN I RAISE?
There is no limit on how much you can raise on ACTYVATE. However, it is important to set a reasonable fundraising target that will help you achieve your project mission.
WILL I NEED TO UPLOAD A PROJECT VIDEO?
No, but we highly recommend doing so! A video is the best way to convey the message of your project to the crowd and will boost your project’s likelihood of reaching its crowdfunding target.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO COLLECT VOTES?
After you submit your project it will take 5 working days to verify your project to be listed in the platform. Once your project is listed in the platform you will have two weeks to collect 50 votes.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO RAISE FUNDS?
Upon ending of the idea pitch/validation period to collect votes, you will have two (2) months to achieve your fundraising target.
CAN I DELETE MY PROJECT ONCE IT IS LIVE?
If you are no longer able to deliver your project, please contact us as soon as possible and we will end your fundraising campaign and return the funds back to your funders.
CAN I EDIT MY PROJECT DETAILS ONCE IT IS LIVE?
Once your project details are submitted, you will not be able to edit your project. This is because the success of your project is dependent on the validation from the crowd. Being able to edit your project post-approval would invalidate all earned votes.
However, if there are any minor changes (e.g. typos or event date changes) please email [email protected] and we’ll try to fix these for you.
WHAT CAN I DO TO ATTRACT MORE VOTES?
The key to promoting your campaign relies heavily on how far you can spread the word. Tell your family, friends, those in your community because it benefits them too.
When it comes to social media, try to keep your posts to once a day. Spamming doesn’t work. Your posts should include a variety of content – a plain text post will get lost in people’s feeds. Equipping your posts with images, videos, and links will help your project’s visibility.
WHAT CAN I DO TO ATTACT MORE FUNDS?
Get your fundraising campaign started by reaching out to those closest to you before engaging with the crowd. People who are familiar with you and your cause are more likely to support your project. Once your campaign starts gaining momentum, it will appear more credible and attractive to the crowd.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T REACH MY TARGET?
If your project does not reach its target in 60 days, your campaign will end and all the funds raised will be returned back to the funders.
In a condition, all refund request need to be submitted by the donor within 7 days after campaign ended. Please provide a copy of NRIC, bank statement details and proof of donation transaction.
CAN MY PROJECT GET OVERFUNDED?
No. Once you reach your crowdfunding target, your campaign will no longer be able to accept funds.
HOW DO I RECEIVE THE FUNDS RAISED?
Funds will be transferred directly to your bank account. But do make sure that you have submitted your bank details!
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE THE FUNDS?
Once the campaign ends and the fundraising is successful, the funds will be disbursed to your account after 30 days.
Funds will be disbursed according to the completion of project milestones whereby the following disbursement scheme applies:
For funds RM 3,000 and below
- 100% disbursement upon successful fundraising
For funds RM 3,001 to RM 10,000
- 80% disbursement upon successful fundraising
- 20% disbursement upon submission of satisfactory closing report
For funds above RM 10,000
- 50% disbursement upon successful fundraising
- 30% disbursement upon submission of a satisfactory milestone report
- 20% disbursement upon submission of satisfactory closing report
CAN I RE-LAUNCH A CAMPAIGN IF IT IS UNSUCCESSFUL?
No. When a campaign is successful, it is closed and archived. However, you are allowed to start a new one with the exact same content as the previous one.