Pulau Bidan Permakultur
Environment Sustainability and Green Technology
We are an organization working on conservation of natural heritage and sustainable, community-based rural development. Our aim is to create a resilient community that is connected to the land and is able to protect it. Working towards this goal, we are developing a local economic model based on alternative, low impact tourism that is sustainable, taking care of the earth as well as the people.
Tell us how can we improve this post?
Voting end : 30.06.2018
Ahmad Fadzil Bin Izaharuddin
1. Waste and debris.
2. Coral damage by army settelment.
3. Beach erosion.
4. Soil restoration to grow food.
1. Sustainable waste management such as food, solid and excrement according permaculture principles.
2. The island was occupied by the army and the training activities degraded the ecosystem hence causing direct impact to the fishermen till date.
3. The illegal sand mining activity leading to disappearance of partial part of the beach.
4. Permaculture principles taught how to apply sustainable life. So we have to grow our own food, manage our wastes and fully utilize the natural energy that we can gain from nature.
This project will benefits human and nature. Awareness and knowledge is spread to local community, students and researchers, nature lovers and the public who came to learn while enjoying the nature. In general, this groups of people are the ones that come across with us, who by implication, will be responsible for their actions to help us to take care of the island and the large surrounding areas.
1. Frequently being visited by familiar guests.
2. General public awareness raised that they voluntarily involved in our cause such as beach cleaning.
3. Consistently being visited by volunteers from around the world to help with our project since our first day we live on the island.
1. International volunteers, they help us with maintenance of the island.
2. Lembah Bujang Lestari: local NGO for nature conservation, one of the founding parties of our project.
3. Local Institutes: they send researchers, students, interns for their researches and experiments.
Type of help needed
Cost for project as below:
|Description||Price/Unit (RM)||Quantity||Amount (RM)|
|Solar power system||30000||1||30000|
Construction and facility improvements : 2 years Island maintenance : 1 year Finalize educational program + environmental activities running : 1 year Solar panels installation : 1 month Windmill installation : 1 month Total duration until the project completion 3 years and 2 months