Upgrade facilities in the library
New Era University College, Kajang, maintains a Library to serve the needs of all its students. This Library is also a Community Library that is open to the community on a membership basis. We are looking for sponsorships to upgrade the facilities in the Library to improve our services to students and the community. The Library is constantly adding to its large collections in Chinese, English and Bahasa Malaysia. It is seeking to upgrade its facilities for special collections on the social sciences, arts and economics to help its users. The estimated cost of is RM103,000.
Tell us how can we improve this post?
Voting end : 11.07.2018
Angeline Tai Ting Ting
1. The Library is committed to set up special collections of books and reference materials on the social sciences, arts and economics as well as on literature and classical studies. These collections comprising 10,000 titles have been donated by several well-wishers who support our educational vision and missions.
2. The existing facilities of the Library are inadequate to accommodate the public donations. The Library needs to install special collection rooms to be equipped with sufficient book shelves, cabinets, and racks in specially furnished units. This calls for upgrading work that involves new electrical installations, wiring, lights and air-conditioning, etc.
1. The library seeks to upgrade its facilities by establishing special collection rooms by carrying out renovation and construction work.
2. The special collection rooms will be installed with adequate book shelves, cabinets, and racks.
3. The special collection rooms will have proper electrical installations and air-conditioning to ensure safety and comfort for all Library users.
The special collections of books and reference materials will make significant additions to the total stock and diversity of subject matters to the Library collection. These collections will directly benefit students of all levels including post-graduate students. The community (school children, parents, teachers, professionals, researchers, etc.) will benefit it having access to an enriched collection of books for their personal reading pleasure and advancement.
1. Students will have a well- stocked library at their disposal.
2. The special collections provide valuable primary sources on important areas of study in the social sciences, the arts and economics for students from the under- to post-graduate levels, to researchers and the general public.
3. The special collections will enhance the value and relevance of the Library as a research library to facilitate the research of post-graduates from universities in the neighbourhood.
4. The Library will be able to make available a larger and richer stock of books for the benefit of the entire community.
Public: anyone can contribute with funding.
Type of help needed
Cost for project as below:
Table top cabinets
Magazine box and file
Book label, stationery, etc.
Upgrading work is to be carried out this year and to be completed within six months.